Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Lost Soul's Imagination

In some way, all of us here are lost souls. We come from different pages of a similar book.Different people with different circles.
Rich and poor.
Daring and foolish.
Afraid and meek.
Young and old.
Faithful (though still lacking) and faithless.
Writers.
Painters.
Carpenters.
Parents.
Children.

The busy out-and-about and the homebodies. But, all tie together one way or another. We all join by this lake or fire and bear pieces of our souls. We might shave flecks of emotion... Peel back the skins of our guarded feelings...Cut out chunks of our hearts like slabs of potato... Try to tame the flickering flames of doubt and fear by hand... Pour out buckets of cold tears... Or share the warm milk of joyful moments.

Still, we come to the lakeside and stare across the water. We call out, waiting for a reply or echo. Do you see it? The colors in the water from the time of day? Do you sense how broad that lake is? How far across others may be?

We want to be heard. We want to be appreciated. We may think we are alone and/or different. And, in some ways, we are. Still, we come and wish to share. Wish to be heard and understood. Wish to be embraced. Even if we have lucky ones in our lives to hold, Each of us is here for a similar reason. And, sadly, it is not to simply share the joys of this life.

Why can we not be here to share in happiness, Rather than questions and sadness? Why does this place of sharing invite more misfortune, Than light of hope and rewarded faith? Do we fear the breeding of jealousy and division?Do we fear putting out the flame of community? Do we fear our own differences?

One day it would...
it WILL...
be nice to sit around this fire...
By the lake--
No longer full of tears and fears
But a warm bath in which we can all feel comfortable--
And share mutual success without souls lingering in the cold.

-------

I think one of the keys to this success/happiness is connections.
I never forget what one classmate years ago said to me
about how important it was to make connections.
She was right.
And, I pray we all make the right connections here
if not in our daily lives outside the computer.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I find myself always lingering Toward the sea of depths in my mind. But, days go by empty-handed. And, I don't always like what I find. I long to face reality With a reassuring smile upon my face. This world of wishes and my fantasies Is worth nothing if left in its place. So, I must make a bold decision And stand firm against the tides. Hold fast to the ropes of progress and sleep where firmer ground resides.

I will write of love when I find it. I will speak of romance when there's some to shaaare. I will cast the spells of fantasy When the time is right for me. And, then I'll knooow iiit's theeere...

How do I explain what I feel? Kiss me so that I may find the words on my lips. How do I tell the story clearly for all to comprehend? Stroke fingers with me on my head so that I may feel every detail. How do I paint the picture with all the colors that I seek? Love me so that I may see with the greatest brilliance. Together, we will uncover the missing links, Complete the broken sentences, Fix the lingering mistakes, Frame the best pictures,
and wow the masses with our blazing genius. Together, we will make the murky clear and stimulate all senses with delight and accuracy. Together, we will work like infinity. An endless flow of thought and feeling

Perfecting symmetry.

three varying bits of thought on the subjects of love, creativity and daydreaming/fantasy versus reality

No comments:

Post a Comment