Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apology By The "Discarded"

I see you standing there.
I fail to make a move.
I know we're silent now.
I have no more words for you.
And, what you have for me,
I've heard it all before.
So, what's left for us...
When all we do is talk.
I think I need a break.
I guess I'll take a walk.
But, my legs are tired.
I just want to rest.
And, you're not what I'd call,
A safe place for my head.
I've given it some thought.
And, I've chatted with you for hours.
I need something more.
And, I'm not sure I want us to share.
And, maybe you're not sure about giving.
So, I shrug you off.
I let you go.
I keep coming back.
I hate sorries....,
But I'm sorry for the show.
I'm sorry we dance and sing to the tune of life,
Only to get drunk on flirtation
And come away with empty bellies.
I'm always hungry for more...something.
But, I'm tired of the games.
I'm tired of wishful thinking
And tea parties with imaginary friends.
I'm tired of hearing stories and not writing them.
I'm tired of everyone else living while I play therapist.
And, when I'm so tired,
I let people drift.
I give up trying.
And, I may walk away.
I cast you to the sea on a sad-looking raft.
I turn now and then to see you floating out to sea.
And, I wish it wasn't like that.
But, it is......
If there was some way...
I'd let no one go.
But, my thoughts are already crowded.
And, my energy is fading fast.
I can't sustain everyone.
I'd like to be the hero.
But, I need a hero of my own.
And, I doubt you all want to share.
I don't need another heated argument
Or some drunken, green jealousy.
I just need some peace and happiness.
And a trustworthy companion who will never stray.
Someone who will never bore me.
Never frustrate me enough to loathe our time together.
Never drain my energy or make me plead for air.
Someone who won't make me cry
Or feel like my dreams are dead and gone.
An angel who will help me find the wings to fly.
Find purpose and happiness in this life.
And, we will then fly together.
I just...
Maybe you're not so bad.
Maybe it's just me.
Maybe...
I'm sorry....

No comments:

Post a Comment