Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Look at what I can do...

I too can hide maliciousness in my words, so that only those who seek between the lines can see.

I too can make bad feelings roam in minds with the gashes of my pen.

I too can stare at your face and laugh in glee at what I have wrought there.

I too can make your friends turn a blind eye to the good, and only see the small crack of hate and deteriorating thoughts.

But I choose not to, I choose love.


I, too, can hide behind a mask, and spit hatred while others, unknowingly point sticks and laugh at the one in the trusses.

I, too, can be a joker, forcing a smile, while plunging a knife so deep into anothers soul.

I, too, can make a display of other's weakness and allow the masses to titter in glee at the sleight of hand behind my back.

I, too, can disappear and re-apper choosing which mask would best display my goods.

But I choose not to, I choose to hold your hand.


I, too, can hide behind my Lies and make mockery with a small surrender.

I, too, can chatter into another's ears, because the conversation has gotten so deep in the "rut" and someone might see behind my smile.

I, too, can flavor the soup, so that those who taste don't recognize the poison.

I, too, can hold a carrot to your nose, letting you breathe the hold I have around your bosom.


But, I choose not too, I choose to surrender my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment