Friday, June 4, 2010

Staying Single

I feel like when people talk about singlehood it comes off as this super terrible thing...We know better. Just because there is no girlfriend/boyfriend/partner/significant other in our lives doesn't mean that our lives are this meaningless empty black hole. Come On!

So I wanted to dedicate this blog to what Rocks about being single...at least for me. Here are a few reasons:

1. I do what I want! The freedom to do whatever my heart desires. Yes, this is narcissistic. But it is just so much Fun! This goes back to the freedom piece - I get to do Whatever I Want. I'm young, how long will I be able to be this self-centered?? I am going to ride this horse as long as I can.

2. I don't feel any pressures or obligations to anyone. There are freedoms within relationships, yes. Relationships and love are wonderful, wonderful things but there are certain "rules" and "obligations" that come along with those. I only have me to worry about, I have obligations to my self- interests.

3. This is probably the most important one for me. I get time to know myself. I can reflect on who I am and not as someone's significant other. This is what I have historically done and now I can really try to understand myself and what I want for my own life.

4. I can flirt, I like to be flirtatious. It's super fun. I actually can and I have zero guilt.

5. I am able to love myself better everyday. I used to look outwards for my self-worth and how I was valued as a person. Once I switched my mindset that other people are not what determines that I can look inwards to myself for my value.

6. I can focus more on what I need to, less distraction

7. No shaving! The second most important thing is no one is there to yell at me for not shaving… I just love it as it is…no need to impress otherwise I will lose my freedom…

Some of these reasons are superficial but there are some real deep benefits to being single. The world has changed, yet some things stay the same..... being single is so cool! indeed it is, I enjoy the feelings of being so free! Being single means that nobody wants you. Now it means you're pretty sexy and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.------

“Imagine being happy and nobody believes you”, she said. I have my family, plenty of friends. I go out and do things. I travel, go to dinner and parties, hav the option of socializing. and i have to admit i love being single...no arguments, no commitments, no troubles and u can do whatever u want to!....life is so wonderful to waste with a wrong person!....... GO GO GO! singles!... Singles ROCK!!!

For me at least, how about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment